Recent blog posts
- Types of Office Space Rental Rates
- Calculating Office Space Rent
- Tenant Representation FAQ's
- How to Find the Right Office Furnishings
- How Much Office Space Does Your Business Need?
- What does Base Year mean in an Office Lease?
- The Case for Tenant Representation
- Should Building Repairs be Included in Operating Expenses?
- When to Start Your Search for Office Space
Calculating Office Space Rent
How is office space rent calculated?
Rents for office space are typically quoted per square foot, on an annual or monthly basis. In other words, a quoted rent of $18.00/SF annually means the rent paid will be $18.00 per year per square foot. If
To calculate annual and monthly rent figures just take the size of the space (in square feet) and multiply by the rate. This will give you the annual rent; divide this number by 12 for the monthly rent.
For example, 2,000 SF at $18.00/SF is calculated like this:
2,000 x $18.00 = $36,000 annually
$36,000 ÷ 12 = $3,000 monthly